Sunday, July 24, 2011

07-01-2011 A day with Grandma

It was quite the day - we decided to "paint the town" with some of the grandkids.  We had a lot of places to see and fun things to do.  Along with Chelsey and Tracy's help we hauled kids in and out of vehicles for an entire day.  Below is pictures of every place that we went.  It started off a Dennis's work at Kenworth Sales.  Dennis took the kids out to see the big semi trucks and then hoisted them up to the inside of the truck cab. (Hunter totally loved the big tires)

The next stop was off to Browning's honey for some delicious honey candy and to see all the different kinds of honey.
 
Next stop was to pick up Abby, Jaxon and Tracy.
 After picking them up we traveled to the Sand Dunes by the Sandy Downs racetrack.  I think the kids could have played all day in the sand.  (My bathtub showed evidence of a lot of sandy hair)
 Jaxon was content to stay in the pilot with Tracy.
 I am glad that Chelsey was there to pull me up the hill so we could have this wonderful picture taken.
 After all that play in the sand, we took off for McDonald's to eat.
 After eating we went to the "all access" playground at Tautphaus Park.  The kids had a blast playing the instruments and swing on the toys.

This is the best part - Chelsey took them up in a real Ferris wheel.  I thought for sure that they would start screaming, but I think they totally enjoyed it.

 Ah, yes Hunter tells it like it is - this is just making me sleepy!
 And very last, back to grandma's for some fun on the slip and slide and some Popsicles.
Oh, what an incredibly fun day - I am glad that I could spend time doing what I enjoy best  being with my grand kids.  (Maybe next time we will take them all)!
Oh, I totally forgot our shopping trip to Shopko to pick up something, but we ended up buying "fancy" sandals for everyone!  Wow, what a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

easter


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones