Saturday, September 26, 2009

Catching Up

Well it's been a long time since I wrote anything. As usual work has been extremely busy with the end of the fiscal year. I think that everyone waits until the last possible moment to do anything. Anyway, I have been putting in lots of hours to say the least. I am getting a new "Boss" on October 1st however, I have already starting doing lots of work for her. She has a large publication that is due on October 5th and I have to assemble it all - oh what fun. My old boss that I have had for 8 years is going to a completely different position - I will miss everyone in our group. Our organization had 30 people in it and they dwindled it down to 17 that will be carried over into the new group. Enough of work!
I have been nursing my back for about a week now and hopefully I am on the mend. I went to the INL Science Expo at Tauphaus Park and had quite an experience. One of the fifth grade girls reached for my waist and then let go and then said that she couldn't feel her legs, I realized that she was about to pass out, so I twisted to grab her before she hit the hard concrete. She was pretty sick and we had to call 911 to exam her. I still have not heard how she was. However, in the meantime, I pulled a muscle in my back when I reached for her and have had a hard time moving especially riding in the car. Dennis finally took me to the doctor after several days of dealing with the pain and found that the muscle in my back was still having spasms. I then had to go to our medical at work where they put the electronic probes on and it felt better. They have me on some Valium to help with the muscle spasms. I hope that it goes away quickly.
Last weekend Benita came up to see her Mom and spent most of the time with her, but stayed with us Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. She is going back to school to get her Master's degree in Nursing so she can teach. It is too hard on her to do real nursing work because of her knees. It is always so much fun when she comes and we get to catch up on everything. It is hard to believe that we have stayed so close for over 35 years! We are hoping to do something fun for our anniversaries next year. Dennis and I got married on March 22 and Bob and Benita got married on March 26, 1975. Wow, that's really a long time ago.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about all the work changes. It is always so hard to deal with changes. Hopefully a good routine sets in and all goes well-keep us posted.

    I'm really, really sorry to hear about your back. There is NOTHING worse than a painful back. Seriously, like all you can concentrate on is the hurting back. I hope it gets better. Will you have to go back in or just wait it out now?

    And lastly, I'm glad that you had your friend come and stay and seriously, that is amazing that you two can be so close after all these years. And I really, really think that you guys should all do something for your anniversary. That would be so neat! Way to go you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,

    I am sorry you've been having so much pain. Like Ryann said, there is nothing worse than back pain. It constantly sends you a reminder that it hurts. I am glad you are on the mend.

    By the way, I really do like the music you have for your blog. It is really nice!

    ReplyDelete

easter


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones