Tuesday, March 10, 2009

8 years old, Stanley Lake and Army

This is me at 8 years old showing off my new dress. How do you like the curtains in the background? How about those shoes and knobby knees?


























This is a picture of Stanley Lake. When we were kids we would go fishing all the time here. We literally lived on the fish that we caught and Mom always brought lots of potato's and onions for Dad.
Here is a picture of my dad, Oscar Wilbur Hanft in front of the train station in 1943. I had not ever seen a picture of my dad in his army uniform until Deon sent this picture last week. I love the helmet on his head!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are great pictures! Kaylee is sitting on my lap and she LOVES the one of you as a little girl! That is an awesome picture of you dad. Those are really fun-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sure are some sweet hairdo's that you had. ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa looks so handsome i love to see all of these old pictures keep sharing mama love you

    ReplyDelete

easter


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones