Friday, March 13, 2009

House Cleaning

Well it is my Friday off and I decided that I would start spring cleaning out my closets that seem to grow over the winter months. I have about 3 boxes to take to the DI of just junk that has accumulated. I did find a box of Tracy's that my Mom had given to her for Christmas a couple of years ago - the box contained some dishes that my Dad had sent to my Mom in 1945 when he was stationed in Germany in 1945. Mom had also included a letter that he wrote to her that has a 1945 postmark on it. I decided that I would scan the letter and envelope before something happened to it or it became totally illegible. (I hope Tracy doesn't mind) I carefully repackaged all of the dishes. If anyone would like to read the letter, let me know and I will send it to you. Here is a picture of the dishes that are from Czechaslovakia (I probably did not spell that correctly)












While I was on the computer I found some cute pictures that I thought I would share.










This is Blake Wilson and Kaylee Loftus visiting at Grandma's House.










This is Abby Butikofer helping Grandma put away her 2008 Christmas decorations. She loved playing with all of the white peanuts in the box and kept tipping them over so I finally just put her in the box - she loved it. (Notice the tongue sticking out - a Dad's trait of course)












This is Riley, Aftyn, Abby and Kaylee posing for the camera.










This Alyssa and Riley on Mother's day last year measuring if they were tall enough to ride the carnival rides.












Tanner and Chelsey on their honeymoon - the water looks wonderful and relaxing.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping that was at your house still when we were packing I was thinking about what I had done with those especially the letter which is totally awesome I'm glad you found it and are keeping it safe for me Thanks for the free storage unit!! Just Kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete

easter


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones