Friday, May 18, 2012

Strolling through the Tulips

Dennis and I went down to Thanksgiving point the end of April to see the millions of beautiful tulips.  I tried to count how many different colors and types, but I soon lost count. Here is the entrance into Thanksgiving point and pictures of my favorite tulips.





 This is my favorite picture with the walkways which were everywhere, but at this moment it did not have people walking on it.
 Dennis in the white tulip patch taking pictures of you know who????


 Young girl statue sticking her foot in the water (this just looked so real to me).
 This is the special garden area where they had taken stories from the bible and portrayed them in bronze statues. There was no beaten path to the statues.  You had to get off the pathways and walk down to where these were.  It was very symbolic.
 This is where they take a lot of bridal photos.
 See how many different colors you can count.

This is the entrance into the ponds for the children.  It is absolutely stunning (Notice there is no door knob)

This is inside the doorway. I loved the mossy hanging vines and the tulips on the other side.  This area had a ton of different colors - just amazingly beautiful.

 The falls are made-made and you can walk up onto the top ledge and look down below.
 They have a children's discovery area and Noah's boat is right in the middle.
 I thought this was really cool - the kids could climb all over it - in the middle, on the sides, on the top - Wow what a great toy for kids - Strength training.
I loved the look of this tulip.  We had a such a wonderful and colorful trip.  Everyone should go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

easter


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones